If you had temporarily disabled your Instagram account, you can easily reactivate it without losing your photos, videos, likes, comments.
However, if you have deleted your account permanently, you can not retrieve it back.
Restoring a permanently deleted account is not possible by any means. You can create a new Instagram account using the same email address you used before.
That's why we always recommend people to deactivate their account temporarily so that they can reactivate their account later whenever they want.
Learn how to reactivate your deleted Instagram account by following the steps mentioned below.
Reactivate an Instagram AccountAccording to Instagram, you can restore your temporarily disabled account, by just logging back into the account.
- Open your Instagram app. Make sure the app is updated to the latest version.
- Enter username and password and hit Log in. If the login is successful, you'll see a message that the account is reactivated and asking you to come back after few hours.
- If the login fails then you need to reset your password.
Reset your Password
- Click on Forgot password link and enter the username and fill out the Captcha.
- Click "Reset Password" button. It will send a reset password email to your registered email address. Click on the link to set a new password.
- However, if you have signed up to Instagram with your Facebook account, then use "Phone" option instead to reset your password.
- You'll receive a text usually containing the reset password link. Click on the link and open it in the app. Enter your new password and then click "Reset Password".
If you're still experiencing issues logging into your account, try to reactivate Instagram using a mobile browser or a desktop browser. Simply, sign in with your login credentials and you're all set.
Note: If Instagram has suspended your account due the to the violation of terms and community and guidelines, then it may not be possible to retrieve your account back.
If you think Instagram deactivated your account by mistake, you can write to Instagram help support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention your account username and issue.
Instagram Rules and Regulation: If you don't want Instagram to suspend your account without any warning, avoid violating these Guidelines and Terms of service mentioned below:
- You must be at least 13 years old to use Instagram.
- Do not post any violent, nude and sexually explicit photos and videos on Instagram.
- Don't mislead people by providing wrong information to Instagram at the time of registration.
- Do not defame, stalk, bully, harras or threaten anyone on Instagram.
- Do not use Instagram for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- Do not use the domain name or website URL in your Instagram username.
- Do not create or submit unwanted emails, comments, which may look like a spam.
- Do not post or share the content which you don't own or violating the intellectual property rights.
- Always respect other members of the Instagram community.