Follow the steps below to install Zip and UnZip in Ubuntu 18.4 LTS Bionic Beaver. These steps also works on older version of Ubuntu such as Ubuntu 16.4 and Ubuntu 14.4.
- Open the Terminal by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+T key.
- First, update all the packages using the following command.
sudo apt-get update
- To install zip, use the following command.
sudo apt-get install zip
- Now, to install UnZip, use the following command.
sudo apt-get install unzip
- To verify the version of Zip and UnZip, use the following commands. If these commands displays the version, that means the Zip and UnZip are installed correctly on your system.
unzip -vLearn - How to install chrome browser in Ubuntu